Asparagus is a popular and nutritious vegetable that is often enjoyed in the springtime. This versatile ingredient can be prepared in a variety of ways, but one of the most delicious and easy ways to enjoy asparagus is by marinating it.
Marinated asparagus is a dish where fresh asparagus is soaked in a mixture of oil, vinegar, herbs, and spices, allowing it to absorb the flavors and become more enjoyable to eat. This simple and healthy dish can be served as a tasty appetizer or side dish for any occasion, and it’s a great way to add variety to your meals.
In this blog post, we’ll share a delicious recipe for marinated asparagus, along with tips and ideas for serving and pairing this delicious dish. Whether you’re a seasoned cook or a novice in the kitchen, this marinated asparagus recipe is sure to impress and become a new favorite in your household.
What is Marinated Asparagus?
Marinated asparagus is a dish with fresh asparagus soaked in a mixture of oil, vinegar, herbs, and spices. The marinating process infuses the asparagus with flavor, making it more enjoyable to eat. The marinated asparagus is usually served cold or at room temperature, making it a great appetizer or side dish for any occasion.
Why should you try Marinated Asparagus?
If you’re looking for a tasty and healthy way to enjoy asparagus, marinating is an excellent option. Not only does it add flavor, but the marinating process also helps to tenderize the asparagus, making it more palatable. Marinated asparagus is also a great way to add variety to your meals and impress your guests with a unique and flavorful side dish.
Now, let’s dive into the recipe for marinated asparagus.
|Also read: Food Items that Can Be Glazed or Sprinkled|
Ingredients Required To Make Marinated Asparagus Recipe
- 1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed and washed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
Instructions To Follow
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Add the asparagus to the bowl and toss to coat with the marinade.
- Place plastic wrap over the bowl and place in the fridge for at least 30 min or up to 2 hours.
- When it’s time to serve, heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high temperature.
- Remove the asparagus from the marinade and place it on the grill. Cook for 5-7 minutes, occasionally turning until the asparagus is tender and lightly charred.
- Remove the asparagus from the grill and sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves.
- Serve the marinated asparagus, either warm or at room temperature.
Tips for Making the Best Marinated Asparagus
- Use fresh and high-quality asparagus for the best results.
- Don’t over-marinate the asparagus, as it can become too soft and mushy. 30 minutes to 2 hours is usually sufficient.
- You can also roast the asparagus in the oven instead of grilling it, by preheating the oven to 425°F and roasting it for 15-20 minutes.
- You can substitute balsamic vinegar with honey or maple syrup for a sweeter flavor.
Marinated asparagus can be served in many ways. Here are some ideas:
- As a side dish to grilled or roasted meats.
- As a topping for salads or pasta dishes.
- As a stand-alone appetizer with some crusty bread and cheese.
- As a topping for pizza or flatbread.
- As a garnish for soups or stews.
What to Pair with Marinated Asparagus
Asparagus that has been marinated pairs well with many other dishes. Here are a few concepts:
- Grilled or roasted chicken, beef, or fish.
- Pasta dishes with creamy or tomato-based sauces.
- Salads with fresh greens, vegetables, and a tangy dressing.
- Bread, crackers, or cheese for a light and refreshing snack.
- Grilled or roasted vegetables for a hearty and colorful side dish.
In conclusion, marinated asparagus is a quick and tasty recipe you can create at home. You can make a delectable and nutritious side dish that can be served in a variety of ways with only a few simple ingredients. A flavorful side dish for your next dinner or a light and refreshing appetiser, marinated asparagus is guaranteed to please. Don’t be hesitant to experiment with various herbs, spices, and vinegars to make your own special and delectable take on this traditional meal. Try it out and tell us what you think!