If you are looking for a nutritious and satisfying vegan salad, roasted sweet potato salad is an excellent choice. It’s packed with nutrients, fiber, and antioxidants, and it’s easy to make. Plus, it’s a great way to incorporate more plant-based foods into your diet. In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at the ingredients and steps to How To Make Vegan Roasted Sweet Potato Salad.
Are Sweet Potatoes Good For You?
Yes, sweet potatoes are incredibly nutritious and offer a wide range of health benefits. Here are some of the reasons why sweet potatoes are good for you:
- High in Nutrients: Sweet potatoes are packed with nutrients, including vitamins A, C, and B6, potassium, and fiber.
- Good for Digestion: Sweet potato fiber aids in digestive health promotion and constipation prevention.
- May Improve Blood Sugar Control: Compared to conventional potatoes, sweet potatoes have a less glycemic index, which implies that their blood sugar-spiking effects are less pronounced.
- May Boost Brain Function: The high levels of antioxidants in sweet potatoes may help to reduce inflammation and improve cognitive function.
- May Have Anti-Sweet potatoes include substances that have been demonstrated to have anti-inflammatory qualities, which can help lower the chance of developing chronic illnesses including cancer and heart disease.
Overall, sweet potatoes are an excellent addition to a healthy diet and offer a wide range of health benefits.
How To Make Vegan Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make this tasty salad:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- 1/4 cup of red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup of chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup of tahini
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of water
|Also read: how long to cook filet mignon in oven at 350|
Instructions To Follow
Now that you have the ingredients ready, let’s get started on making the salad.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl, mix together the sweet potato, olive oil, smoked paprika, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper until the sweet potato is well-coated.
- On a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, put the sweet potatoes out in a single layer and bake for twenty to twenty-five minutes, or until they are soft and slightly caramelized.
- While the sweet potato is roasting, prepare the dressing. In a bowl, whisk together the tahini, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and water until smooth and creamy.
- In a large bowl, chickpeas, combine the roasted sweet potato, baby spinach, red onion, dried cranberries, and chopped pecans.
- The salad should be well-dressed once the dressing has been drizzled over it.
- Serve right away or keep chilled until you’re ready to.
What Can Vegans Eat with Sweet potatoes?
As a vegan, there are many delicious and nutritious foods that can be paired with sweet potatoes. Here are some ideas:
- Grains: Sweet potatoes go well with a variety of grains, such as quinoa, brown rice, or farro. You can make a simple grain bowl with roasted sweet potatoes, cooked grains, and your favorite veggies.
- Legumes: Legumes like chickpeas, black beans, and lentils are a great source of protein and fiber and pair well with sweet potatoes. You can make a sweet potato and black bean burrito or a lentil and sweet potato curry.
- Greens: Sweet potatoes pair well with leafy greens like spinach, kale, or collard greens. You can make a sweet potato and kale salad or add some spinach to a sweet potato and chickpea curry.
- Nuts and Seeds: Nuts and seeds like pecans, almonds, and pumpkin seeds add a nice crunch and flavor to sweet potatoes. You can sprinkle chopped nuts on top of roasted sweet potatoes or make a sweet potato and quinoa salad with a maple tahini dressing and toasted pumpkin seeds.
- Vegan Protein Sources: For additional protein, you can pair sweet potatoes with vegan protein sources like tofu or tempeh. You can make a sweet potato and tempeh stir-fry or a tofu and sweet potato curry.
Overall, there are many delicious and nutritious vegan foods that can be paired with sweet potatoes to create a satisfying and well-rounded meal.
Vegan roasted sweet potato salad is a tasty and healthy dish that is best for a quick lunch or dinner. It’s easy to make, packed with fiber, protein, and antioxidants, and it’s a great way to incorporate more plant-based foods into your diet. You can also customize this salad by adding your favorite veggies or protein sources. Give this recipe a try and see how delicious and satisfying vegan eating can be!