Are you tired of eating the same old side dishes? Look no further than curried roasted cauliflower! This dish is not only delicious and easy to make, but it’s also packed with nutrients that are beneficial for your health. The cruciferous vegetable cauliflower has a low calorie count and a high fiber content despite its name., making it an excellent choice for those looking to lose their weight or manage diabetes.
The addition of curry powder not only adds a burst of flavor but also has numerous health benefits due to its main ingredients like turmeric, coriander, cumin, and chili powder. Curried roasted cauliflower can be paired with a variety of main courses and can even be served as a vegetarian main course itself. It is a must-try dish for anyone looking to add some excitement and nutrition to their meals. So, let’s get roasting!
Benefits of Cauliflower
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable that is packed with vitamins and minerals. It is low in calories and carbohydrates, making it an excellent choice for those who are watching their weight or managing diabetes. Cauliflower is also high in fiber, which helps with digestion and can promote feelings of fullness. Additionally, cauliflower is a good source of vitamin C, vitamin K, and folate.
Health Benefits of Curry Powder
Curry powder is a mix of different spices that is often used in Indian food. The main ingredients in curry powder are coriander, turmeric, cumin, and chili powder. Turmeric is the key ingredient that gives curry powder its bright yellow color and distinct flavor. Conditions like arthritis may benefit from turmeric’s anti-inflammatory effects, and the spice can also ease digestion. Coriander and cumin are also known for their digestive benefits, and chili powder can boost metabolism and aid in weight loss.
How to Make Curried Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions To Follow
- Prepare your oven by preheating it to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (218 degrees Celsius).
- With a knife, separate the cauliflower into florets of a manageable size and set them in a big basin.
- Toss the cauliflower with the olive oil to coat.
- Sprinkle the curry powder, salt, and pepper over the cauliflower and toss again to coat evenly.
- Prepare a parchment-covered baking sheet and spread the cauliflower out in a single layer.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes, till the cauliflower is cooked through and has a golden brown color.
Serving Suggestions For Curried Roasted Cauliflower
Sure, here are a few serving suggestions for curried roasted cauliflower:
- Top with Yogurt Sauce: Drizzle some yogurt sauce over the curried roasted cauliflower for a creamy and tangy flavor. You can make a simple yogurt sauce by mixing plain Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic powder, and salt.
- Add Crunch: Sprinkle some toasted nuts or seeds over the cauliflower for added texture and flavor. Chopped almonds, cashews, or pumpkin seeds work well.
- Serve with Dips: Serve the curried roasted cauliflower with your favorite dips such as hummus, tzatziki, or even a spicy salsa for some extra kick.
- Make it a Meal: Transform the curried roasted cauliflower into a complete meal by adding some protein and grains. Serve it with some grilled chicken, tofu, or shrimp, and some brown rice or quinoa on the side.
- Garnish with Herbs: Add some freshness and color to the dish by garnishing it with chopped herbs such as cilantro, parsley, or mint. It will also give the dish a pop of flavor.
Curried roasted cauliflower is a simple and healthy side dish that is bursting with flavor. The combination of cauliflower and curry powder is not only delicious but also provides numerous health benefits. Whether you’re looking for a new vegetable recipe or trying to incorporate more nutrient-dense foods into your diet, curried roasted cauliflower is a must-try.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is curried roasted cauliflower a low-carb dish?
Yes, curried roasted cauliflower is a low-carb dish. Cauliflower is a vegetable that is naturally low in carbohydrates, and the addition of curry powder does not significantly increase the carb count.
Can I use frozen cauliflower for curried roasted cauliflower?
While fresh cauliflower is recommended for the best taste and texture, you can use frozen cauliflower if that’s all you have on hand. Just be sure to thaw the cauliflower completely and pat it dry before roasting to prevent excess moisture.
How long does curried roasted cauliflower keep in the fridge?
Curried roasted cauliflower can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. To reheat, simply place it in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 10-15 minutes, or until heated through.