Chocolate almond biscotti recipe: The chocolate almond biscotti is a classic Italian cookie that has become increasingly popular all around the world. Biscotti means “twice-baked” in Italian and refers to the unique baking process that gives these cookies their signature crispiness. Traditionally, biscotti was made with almonds, but this recipe adds a rich chocolate flavor to the mix, making it a perfect treat for chocolate lovers. The recipe is simple and easy to follow, but the end result is a beautiful and delicious cookie that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you want to impress guests or simply enjoy a tasty snack with your coffee or tea, this chocolate almond biscotti recipe is a great option.
Also Read: Creamy chickpea pasta with spinach and rosemary
To make a batch of chocolate almond biscotti, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- 1/2 cup of sliced almonds
Note: You may also need a little extra flour to dust the work surface and your hands while shaping the biscotti dough.
These ingredients should be readily available in most grocery stores, and if you can’t find sliced almonds, you can always slice them yourself by chopping whole almonds with a knife.
Also Read: Food Items that Can Be Glazed or Sprinkled
Here are the step-by-step instructions to make chocolate almond biscotti:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then stir in the almond extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Fold in the sliced almonds until they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Lightly flour a work surface and your hands. Divide the dough in half and shape each half into a log, about 12 inches long and 2 inches wide.
- Place the logs on the prepared baking sheet, leaving enough space between them, and bake for 25-30 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and let the logs cool for 10-15 minutes, then use a sharp knife to slice them diagonally into pieces about 1/2 inch thick.
- Arrange the sliced biscotti on the baking sheet and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until they are crispy and dry.
- Transfer the biscotti to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve the biscotti with your favorite hot beverage, such as coffee or tea, and enjoy!
Store the biscotti in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks, or freeze them for longer storage.
Also Read: Marinated Asparagus Recipe
Serving and storage
Chocolate almond biscotti are great for serving and sharing, and here are some tips for serving and storing them:
- Serving: Chocolate almond biscotti are a great treat to enjoy with your morning or afternoon coffee, tea, or hot cocoa. They can also be served with a scoop of ice cream or dipped in melted chocolate for extra indulgence.
- Storage: To keep your biscotti fresh, store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. If you plan to keep them longer, you can store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Place them in a ziplock bag or airtight container, and make sure they are well-wrapped to prevent freezer burn.
- Reheating: Biscotti are meant to be crispy and crunchy, so you don’t need to reheat them. However, if you prefer them to be slightly warm, you can put them in the oven at 300°F (150°C) for a few minutes to warm them up.
- Gift: Chocolate almond biscotti are a great gift idea, especially during the holiday season. You can package them in a pretty tin or box and tie a ribbon or a bow around it for an added touch.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your chocolate almond biscotti stay fresh, crispy, and delicious for you to enjoy whenever you want.
Also Read: How Long Does It Take For Tamales To Cook
Conclusion: Chocolate almond biscotti recipe
Chocolate almond biscotti recipe: In conclusion, chocolate almond biscotti are a classic Italian cookie that are easy to make, delicious, and perfect for sharing or enjoying by yourself. With its rich chocolate flavor and crunchy almond texture, these cookies are a wonderful treat to enjoy with your favorite hot beverage. This recipe is easy to follow and can be modified to suit your preferences, such as adding other ingredients like dried fruit or other nuts. With its long shelf-life, biscotti also makes a great gift option for family and friends. Overall, this recipe is a great addition to any baker’s repertoire and is sure to become a favorite treat for all who try it.
Can I use other types of nuts instead of almonds?
Yes, you can use other nuts, such as walnuts or hazelnuts, instead of almonds. You can also use a combination of different nuts for a unique flavor.
Can I make the biscotti ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the biscotti ahead of time and store them in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks at room temperature. You can also freeze them for longer storage.
Can I omit the almond extract?
Yes, you can omit the almond extract or use another extract, such as vanilla or orange, to flavor the biscotti.
Can I dip the biscotti in chocolate?
Yes, you can dip the biscotti in melted chocolate to add an extra layer of flavor and texture. Simply melt some chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave, and dip the biscotti in it. Let the chocolate harden before serving.
Can I make a double batch of biscotti?
Yes, you can double the recipe to make more biscotti. Just make sure to divide the dough into two equal parts and shape them into logs that are the same size.