Chilled Marinated Asparagus Recipe: Asparagus is a versatile vegetable that can be enjoyed in many ways. While roasted asparagus is a popular choice, marinated asparagus is also a delicious option, especially during the summer months. Chilled marinated asparagus is a refreshing and healthy side dish that can be enjoyed on its own or as part of a salad. In this blog post, we will share a chilled marinated asparagus recipe that is perfect for summer. This recipe is easy to make and uses simple ingredients that you may already have in your kitchen. It’s a great way to add flavor to asparagus while keeping it light and refreshing.
Also Read: A Complete Guide on Buttery snickerdoodle recipe
Ingredients for Chilled Marinated Asparagus Recipe
To make this chilled marinated asparagus recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Also Read: Aldi chickpea salad recipe – Complete Recipe with Instructions
Instructions for Chilled Marinated Asparagus
Now that you have all the ingredients, let’s move on to the instructions for making this chilled marinated asparagus recipe:
- Prepare the asparagus by trimming off the tough ends and rinsing under cold water.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, white wine vinegar, honey, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place the asparagus in a large zip-top plastic bag or a shallow dish. Pour the marinade over the asparagus, making sure each spear is coated.
- Marinate the asparagus for at least 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours in the refrigerator. Turn the asparagus occasionally to ensure even marination.
- When ready to serve, remove the asparagus from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Arrange the asparagus on a platter or individual plates.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Tips for Making Perfect Chilled Marinated Asparagus
Here are some tips to make sure your chilled marinated asparagus turns out perfectly every time
- Use fresh asparagus: Fresh asparagus will have the best flavor and texture.
- Trim off the tough ends: The tough ends of the asparagus can be stringy and unpleasant to eat. Trim them off before marinating.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes: Marinating the asparagus for at least 30 minutes will allow it to absorb the flavors of the marinade.
- Turn the asparagus occasionally: Turning the asparagus occasionally during marination will ensure that each spear is evenly coated with the marinade.
- Serve chilled: Chilled marinated asparagus is a refreshing and delicious side dish that is perfect for summer.
Also Read: How To Cook Corned Beef Brisket In an air Fryer
Conclusion: Chilled Marinated Asparagus Recipe
Chilled Marinated Asparagus Recipe: In conclusion, chilled marinated asparagus is a perfect summer side dish that is easy to make and packed with flavor. This recipe uses simple ingredients to create a delicious and refreshing dish that can be enjoyed on its own or as part of a salad. With just a few simple steps, you can create a dish that is sure to impress your family and friends. Try this chilled marinated asparagus recipe today and enjoy the delicious and healthy flavors of asparagus!
How long can I store chilled marinated asparagus in the refrigerator?
Chilled marinated asparagus can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Make sure to keep it in an airtight container to maintain its freshness.
Can I use a different type of vinegar for the marinade?
Yes, you can use a different type of vinegar for the marinade. Red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar are both good options.
Can I add other herbs or spices to the marinade?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with different herbs and spices to customize the flavor of your chilled marinated asparagus. Fresh herbs like parsley or thyme, or spices like cumin or paprika, would all be great additions.
Can I use frozen asparagus for this recipe?
While fresh asparagus is recommended for this recipe, you can use frozen asparagus if fresh is not available. Just make sure to thaw the frozen asparagus before marinating.